Friday, October 30, 2009

Belated Sephora Haul & Review

I got my Sephora stuff a while ago but didn't get a chance to post up the goodies. I wanted to wait a little till I tried everything first hehe. So I'll be including a mini review of each item for those of you who don't have them (they're pretty popular items too so you might probably already own some of these haha). I got the great idea to put my haul on Polyvore from Fuz! :) It looks so much better than the ugly pictures I took of the products haha

Quick thoughts on each item:
  • Rosebud Salve - 4/5 - It's good, it's cheap but it doesn't last on my lips. Compared to others, it is one of the smoothest lip balms I've ever tried. The Jack Black lip balm still tops my list, but I don't like that the Jack Black is so small and it costs 7 bucks.
  • Philosophy Purity Cleanser - 5/5 - This feels good for me and cleans off makeup residue well. I have combo skin and my skin doesn't feel tight and rubbery afterwards and it doesn't feel unclean either.
  • Nars Orgasm - I tried this in the store before I bought it, I like it, it's a good blush to have and the color works for me. I already dropped this, argh and a very small corner broke off. sadsors.
  • Benefit 10 - I really like this, it is the perfect tool all in one for me. The highlighter is not too white (Nars Albatross is) and the bronzer is not too deep. I'm not too fond of the weird flower scent though lol
  • LORAC Coverup - I like the consistency of this the most, I think I found the type that works for my undereyes. It is kind of yellow (I bought C2) but it does a decent job and doesn't make my dark circles appear gray as feared with laying yellow on top of dark circles for yellow undertones. I do warn that it is oil based - so it might not work out for some ladies. So far, no creases when I set it, so I don't know if its because I set it or because of the way the product is delivered - you don't have to use a lot. Really glad I got this, I use this over MAC now.
  • Laura Mercier Setting Powder - I like this for setting concealer and my foundation. It doesn't give the airbrushed feel that I get when I use Dior Forever compact but that's probably because it's translucent. I like it, I like it :)

Have a good weekend!

22 comments:

Zoe said...

Great haul, I was always curious about Philosophy Purity Cleanser and u gave it 5 out 5 so I think it's really worth to get one, thanks for the reviews, pretty EOTD^^..

amynaree said...

nice sephora haul! i got the purity cleanser in the foam version and love it!

DinaXYYan said...

nice haul! the Philosophy Purity Cleanser sounds great!

emimonster said...

great sephora haul! i cant wait to get my first shipment that should be arriving today. =) i really like the rosebud also.

FriendzCentury said...

Pretty EOTD, I like the green teamed with the brown!

Lulu said...

you got some great stuff from sephora! i'm glad you like the purity cleanser, i've been thinking about purchasing to use with my clarisonic mia :)

ahh you got nars orgasm too! So it is really as good as everyone claims huh! Should I get one? Should I get one? *runs to Sephora website*

Toothfairy said...

love the nars blush too, and never tried that laura mercier powder, maybe I should as I do love their products!
great haul..


*loves*

Angela said...

you got a lot of stuff that I really like. The purity made simple is my favorite too.

Fifi said...

Great haul!

And awww, I remember I once dropped my MAC blush that I just bought. I instantly felt like wanna punch someone. Hehe. Sometimes we all make a boo-boo just like that. I heard Nars orgasm is super pretty :)

christinaooi said...

I LOVE purity. I use it religiously, and it's my only cleanser. I don't even have to moisturize with it (okok, rarely, but I have yet to find a face lotion that does not make me break out! even philosophy's stuff makes me break out).

AnNeTtEe said...

nice haul girl!! i love all the stuff that u got! gotta love the F&F sale huh?!? can't wait for next year.. LOL... see u around... take care!

Lilladylife said...

great haul! be careful with NARs bc of the high pigmentation they tend to break easily =( i think thats why the covering is all rubber but not sure.

Anastacia said...

Your skin looks so flawless!
Great haul!

oOchaOo said...

nice haul!! :)i got some nars blushes too <3

noone said...

wow you got a lot from sephora!! Ive been meaning to try out stuff from Philosophy because I've heard good things about it :D and ya no kidding to someone naming a kid Apple... and the second kid Moses... Okay the "Moses" song from Coldplay is pretty good, but I wouldn't name a kid Moses haha

Babybubblz said...

Great haul! Glad you like the philosophy cleanser. I'm going to looking into the Lorac concealer now, I've been using MAC studio and but I need a switch.

I was good and survived the F&F without buying anything. Hope I don't cave anytime soon, haha.

Shop N' Chomp said...

Lovely EOTD and haul!

Lilladylife said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Yea I know the feeling about oil cleaners bc u want to really break down your make up and be super clean! lol i still love my Shu Uemura!

After the H20 water I used one of those sponges to see if there was any residue but there was nothing left, so it made me happy and keep up with the H20 but true about the premium on water.

Unknown said...

this look looks so natural, that's so pretty like that^^

trishie said...

Me again! just letting you know i've given you an award: http://trishiekoh.blogspot.com/2009/11/awards-and-things-to-do-in-this.html

Anonymous said...

You have great skin girly!

Witoxicity said...

I've been seeing the Rosebud Salve for the longest time in the stores here but I never knew if they were any good. Now I know. I should give it a shot one day.